In this context, the STEM careers that start with O are quite diverse and require different sets of skills and knowledge, ranging from oceanography and optometry to ornithology and operations research.
STEM Careers that Start with O
- Oceanographer: Studies the physical, chemical, and biological aspects of the ocean.
- Obstetrician: Medical doctor who specializes in the care of women during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum.
- Occupational Therapist: Helps people with disabilities or injuries to perform daily living and work activities.
- Operations Research Analyst: Uses mathematical and analytical methods to help organizations solve complex problems and make decisions.
- Optician: Designs, fits, and dispenses corrective lenses for people who have vision problems.
- Optometrist: Medical doctor who specializes in eye and vision care, including prescribing glasses and contact lenses and diagnosing and treating eye diseases.
- Organic Chemist: Studies the structure, properties, and reactions of organic compounds, which are compounds that contain carbon.
- Orthodontist: Dental specialist who corrects teeth and jaw alignment problems using braces, retainers, and other orthodontic devices.
- Orthotist: Designs, fabricates, and fits braces, prosthetic limbs, and other devices that help people with physical disabilities.
- Ophthalmologist: Medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases and disorders.
What are some STEM jobs that start with O?
Some STEM jobs that start with O include Oceanographer, Optometrist, Operations Research Analyst, and Orthotist.
What does an Oceanographer do?
Oceanographers study the ocean, its processes, and its life forms, and use their knowledge to solve environmental problems, develop new technologies, and inform policy decisions.
What is an Orthotist?
Orthotists design and fit braces, prosthetics, and other medical devices that help people with physical disabilities or injuries.