There are some words in the field of agriculture things that start with the letter X. Some possible words that come to mind are:
Agricultural words that Start with x
- Xeric: Describing an environment that receives low rainfall and has a limited water supply.
- Xylem: The vascular tissue in plants that conducts water and dissolved minerals from the roots to the leaves.
- Xenobiotic: A chemical substance that is foreign to an organism or ecosystem and may have adverse effects on it.
- Xanthophyll: A type of carotenoid pigment found in plants that gives yellow and orange color.
- Xylaria: A genus of fungi that includes species that can cause rot in plant stems and roots.
- Xanthomonas: A genus of bacteria that includes many plant pathogens
- Xylose: A type of sugar that is found in wood and other plant material
- Xenarthra: An order of mammals that includes armadillos, anteaters, and sloths
- Xylotomic: A tree structure in which the branches are arranged in levels, each successively smaller, and the leaves are arranged in a spiral around the stem.
Farm words that start with x
X-ray. Farm vets take X-rays of farm animals all the time!
However, it’s worth noting that these words might not have a direct relation to agriculture but might have a relation with other aspects that are related to agriculture such as plant physiology and soil science.